Never Dainty

Good Finds for Awesome People and More

If you like what you read, please..

Bookmark site: Bookmark and Share

Add to Favorites: Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe Feed: Subscribe in a reader

I heart FeedBurner


Drop Zone
What's on my mind..
Let's talk..

Other things

Deranged Insanity by betterthanezrah

We Appreciate Your Donation

Amount

Currency

Powered by The-Online-Quest




Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet


I'm # 838 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com
Get listed at www.wikiblogdirectory.com
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Pros and Cons of Working at Home
Work at Home. This is a current trend happening all over the world. While most people still favor the old style of work wherein one has to report to the office daily, some people prefer to work on their own schedules, at their own pace, in the comforts of their own home. An situation that has lured me dangerously, but something I am still fearful of.

I have had past some scary experiences when working at home. And that was part-time, even! Still, I guess I could never get enough. I am still drawn to this appealing little situation which I do not know how to satisfy. So I have decided to weigh the pros and cons of working at home. I would not want to jump into the bandwagon prematurely without prior consideration. Yes?

Pros:
  • - Helps financially. Cuts on the expenses of having to spend for fare, and food would be centralized, so less expenses there, too.
  • - Good for parents. Moms, like myself, would not be so far from their children, and some housework would not go unnoticed.
  • - Own schedule. No longer trying to fit everything else into the fixed schedule of work. But this does not mean I would not have a fixed schedule. It just means you can be the master of your time. Not be a slave to it.
  • - Freedom for other things. Although it is still work, nobody will actually kill you for surfing or taking a break. And trips to the loo would not be so restrained. :D
  • - Health reasons. Home is where comfort is. Sometimes being in a office can make you more sickly whether you like it or not.
  • - More moneytizing opportunities. Working at home allows you to dabble in other part-time jobs and the like.

Cons:
  • - Unstable. Working at home is sometimes not too stable. As I've said, I have been burned one too many times online.
  • - Possible payment comes late. Sometimes payment comes late, or perhaps never. Yes, I've been there too.
  • - No social life. If you are used to working in front of a box, then this might not be much of a problem. But if you are like a lot of people who need the presence of others a lot, then this might not be the thing for you.
  • - Family life might not get accustomed to you working at home. In some situations, it is believed that the home is just for family time and not for working. So some family members might find it hard to adjust to the fact that you have to work instead of bonding with them.

So far, those are the pros and cons I could come up with. I am pretty sure there are other points that could be raised for or against working at home. If you have any ideas you would like to share regarding this, I would really love to hear it.

As far as I am concerned, I would like to try working at home because working in a cubicle with the air conditioner blasting on top of my head is not my idea of a wonderful time. And somehow, this life is not exactly working for me. Why? I don't get to see my family that much because by the time I get home, lets just say I'm already "half-past dead."

So, what will it be? Work at home? OR continue on the rat race?

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Ann @ 11:58 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ann
Home: Philippines
About Me: even when she has fairy wings on, this girl is anything BUT dainty. perhaps the size, the weight, and the personality alone are just too much for her to be considered delicate, prim, proper, and refined. this girl with the mud smudged cheeks has been down on the ground one to many times. these times forced her to be tougher, smarter, and more savvy than she has ever been. perhaps she will always be, never dainty. email me: neverdainty [at] gmail [dot] com
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Over the River
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER