Never Dainty

Good Finds for Awesome People and More

If you like what you read, please..

Bookmark site: Bookmark and Share

Add to Favorites: Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe Feed: Subscribe in a reader

I heart FeedBurner


Drop Zone
What's on my mind..
Let's talk..

Other things

Deranged Insanity by betterthanezrah

We Appreciate Your Donation

Amount

Currency

Powered by The-Online-Quest




Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet


I'm # 838 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com
Get listed at www.wikiblogdirectory.com
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Good Night for Great Mornings: How to Get a Good Night's Rest

Everybody needs that perfect night's sleep. For years, I had mastered the art of going asleep at 3:00-4:00 a.m., staying up all night just chatting, blogging, playing Ragnarok Online or EARTH2025. Sometimes I just downloaded and downloaded songs, or sometimes I just browsed sites all over the web. I woke up at around 5:30-7:00 to get ready for school, and when I got back, it was back to the PC.

These days, I admit I am not as crazy as that. Keeping myself awake until 2:00 a.m. consistently is enough to drive me nuts. For a while, I could handle it, but burn-out was just around the corner. I would most definitely find myself half-past dead at work (work starts at 6:00 a.m.). So I have been trying to get myself to go to sleep with 12 a.m. the latest.

Nevertheless, going to sleep may not exactly be the problem. My main problems are the tossing, turning, frequent urination, sleeptalking, teeth grinding, or what's worse: sleepwalking. I know. I need my sleep to fully rest.

So I've found a couple of things that are said to be tips on how to get a good night's sleep. Here are just a few that I have uncovered all over the Internet. There are a lot of them, but I'll leave them up to you.

  • Have a schedule. Varying times of going to sleep can disrupt your sleep quality. The body pretty much runs on routine, therefore erratic sleeping schedules can confuse your "biological clock."
  • Watch what you eat before bedtime. Your stomach should have something inside it, but it should not be full to the seams. One should not sleep until 3 hours after dinner has passed.
  • Keep your bedroom dark. Exposure to light when everything is supposed to be dark can also disrupt your internal cycles.
  • Have a good mattress. Turn your mattress upside down every couple of months. Replace it after 5-7 years as soon as you feel the springs and other innards.
  • Exercise. If your job involves a sedentary lifestyle or lack of physical exertion, this may result a poor quality of sleep.
  • Visit your doctor. If you are concerned that you might have some sort of sleeping disorder, it is always best to check with the professionals.

Other tips include:

  • Wearing appropriate clothing that reflects the weather.
  • If you can't fall asleep within an hour or less, get up and do something. Do not stay in bed. Staying in bed for long hours and not going to sleep makes one associate your bed not with sleep.
  • Try lavender. It is said to be very soothing and the scent may help calm you down and succumb to sleep.
  • Do not nap for 15-20 minutes a day. It drives your sleep cycle crazy making it harder to sleep at night.

Hopefully, and I honestly pray, that these things will help me. If you have other tips and tricks to help some nut case like me get some good ol' sleeping time, please do not hesitate to leave your ideas behind. ;)

Sweet Dreams!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Ann @ 6:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ann
Home: Philippines
About Me: even when she has fairy wings on, this girl is anything BUT dainty. perhaps the size, the weight, and the personality alone are just too much for her to be considered delicate, prim, proper, and refined. this girl with the mud smudged cheeks has been down on the ground one to many times. these times forced her to be tougher, smarter, and more savvy than she has ever been. perhaps she will always be, never dainty. email me: neverdainty [at] gmail [dot] com
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Over the River
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER