Never Dainty

Good Finds for Awesome People and More

If you like what you read, please..

Bookmark site: Bookmark and Share

Add to Favorites: Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe Feed: Subscribe in a reader

I heart FeedBurner


Drop Zone
What's on my mind..
Let's talk..

Other things

Deranged Insanity by betterthanezrah

We Appreciate Your Donation

Amount

Currency

Powered by The-Online-Quest




Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet


I'm # 838 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com
Get listed at www.wikiblogdirectory.com
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
Today started pretty nice, if I may say so. I woke up to a couple of text messages greeting me a "Happy Mother's Day!" One particular greeting tickled me pink that it surely shook off whatever cobwebs were left in my hollow head.

The message went something like this "Hi Ann! Gud am! The details of the bike are as follows: ... Happy mother's day!" Funny how I get a message about business before anything else! At 6 a.m. no less! I guess the texter did go biking today. Whereas, I should have gone jogging, but the lazy bug told me to rest. Who am I not to follow?

So anyway, first thing I did as soon as I sat in front of the PC was make my mom a little something for this special day. I know I am not a whiz at it, and I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 rather than the savvier Photoshop CS (it's a long story that is totally not supposed to be in this post). Just in case you were wondering, this is how it looked like:


It's not much, really [it's actually bigger], and I wanted to buy her the pearl necklace I was aiming for. But the financial odds are not in my favor, so that is it for now.

Another thing about today, as the TV tuned in and pointed at ASAP whilst eating lunch, there was a tribute to moms and an advertisement of Lactum (of course!). Surprisingly, I almost cried. Crazy! Uber crazy. But somehow, people telling the world what a wonderful mom those people who were singing were, made me cry. I want to be a good mom. I want people to say I'm doing a good job. I want people to tell me "well done, pig, well done" *sigh* Nevertheless. It was really touching. Many mothers really do a lot for the sake of their children, and their children often take them for granted.

Today is Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day to all Moms!

XOXO,

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Ann @ 8:05 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ann
Home: Philippines
About Me: even when she has fairy wings on, this girl is anything BUT dainty. perhaps the size, the weight, and the personality alone are just too much for her to be considered delicate, prim, proper, and refined. this girl with the mud smudged cheeks has been down on the ground one to many times. these times forced her to be tougher, smarter, and more savvy than she has ever been. perhaps she will always be, never dainty. email me: neverdainty [at] gmail [dot] com
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Over the River
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER