|My mom has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. What I love about her cooking is that she tries not to put a lot of twists and turns into anything. Perhaps it is because she is a very busy woman that she has accumulated a number of quick fixes for different occassions. Sometimes her methods apall me (being my grandmother's granddaughter), but most of the time, I love to copy them.
One of her many quick treats is the one I am about to share. I have been dreaming of this for days now, and I hope you can enjoy it with me.
The summer heat is just absolutely killing me. Who wouldn't want to cool down with a treat as juicy and yummy as this..?
I call this one, "AiAi's Chop n Mix Watermelon Salad".
- 1 watermelon (the size is up to you)
- 1 box cheese (I use EDEN)
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 small can condensed milk
- Cut the watermelon into small bite sized pieces. The seeds may be taken out or not. Set it aside.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes. Set it aside.
- Open the cans of milk.
- Pour the milk into the watermelon. Make sure to taste it so that you can adjust it to your preference.
- Add the cheese to the watermelon in milk. Mix it well.
- Put salad/mixture in the refrigerator until cooled.
The watermelon salad can be served with ice cubes mixed in it.
Even as I write this, my mouth waters. *sigh* I can't wait to mix it up today. It is not so complicated, and I like it. Certainly a very nice treat for the summer, too! ;) Enjoy!!!
Labels: fruits, healthy living, homegrown, nutrition, recipes, salad