Never Dainty

Good Finds for Awesome People and More

If you like what you read, please..

Bookmark site: Bookmark and Share

Add to Favorites: Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe Feed: Subscribe in a reader

I heart FeedBurner


Drop Zone
What's on my mind..
Let's talk..

Other things

Deranged Insanity by betterthanezrah

We Appreciate Your Donation

Amount

Currency

Powered by The-Online-Quest




Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet


I'm # 838 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com
Get listed at www.wikiblogdirectory.com
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Tackling a diet: South Beach
As mentioned in a previous entry, I have been trying to live healthy for the past couple of days. I have been trying to eat well and good, but it does not seem to be cutting it for me. Exercise has been on the table, too, but I'm ashamed to say that there has been some cutbacks lately. Hehehe.. But I'm getting there!

So I am contemplating on tackling a diet. I have never tried to get on a diet-diet. It has always been something on the "I eat what I want" side of things. But for the sake of healthiness, I want to try a real diet. You know what I mean.

The Deranged Palmist has tried the South Beach diet, and has had progress with it. I was thinking of trying it, too. Good luck to me! I honestly pray to God that this works. Although I am feeling much, much better than before physically, I am still striving for more.

At any rate I searched for some directions on the diet, and ended up on Wikipedia. Here are the phases of the diet according to Wikipedia. I will just post some snippets, but you can check out the rest of the details on the website.


    • Phase I: The diet begins with Phase 1, which lasts two weeks. Dieters
      attempt to eliminate insulin resistance by avoiding high or moderately
      high-glycemic carbohydrates, such as dairy, sugar, candy, bread, potatoes,
      fruit, cereals, and grains. During this phase, Dr. Agatston claims the body will lose its insulin resistance, and begin to use excess body fat, causing many dieters to lose between 8 and 13 pounds. For the first two weeks, dieters eat normal-size helpings of meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, cheese, and nuts. This phase includes three meals a day, plus snacks, encouraging the dieter to eat until their hunger is satisfied. No alcohol is allowed (though red wine will be introduced later in small amounts). The dieter loses weight, changes body chemistry, and ends cravings for sugars and starches.
    • Phase II: After two weeks, Phase II begins. Whole grain foods, fruits
      and dairy products are gradually returned to the diet, although in smaller
      amounts than were likely eaten before beginning the diet, and with a continued emphasis on foods with a low glycemic index. Sweet potatoes are also now permissible, as is red wine, both in moderate amounts.
    • Phase III: After the desired weight is obtained, the diet calls to move
      into Phase III, a maintenance phase. In Phase III the diet expands to include three servings of whole grains and three servings of fruit a day.
I do not wish to join the diet per se. I mean, I do not exactly have the cash to actually commit to the diet. But I just want to emulate it and see how it goes. Wish me the best of the best of luck! Okies?

XOXO,

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Ann @ 9:50 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ann
Home: Philippines
About Me: even when she has fairy wings on, this girl is anything BUT dainty. perhaps the size, the weight, and the personality alone are just too much for her to be considered delicate, prim, proper, and refined. this girl with the mud smudged cheeks has been down on the ground one to many times. these times forced her to be tougher, smarter, and more savvy than she has ever been. perhaps she will always be, never dainty. email me: neverdainty [at] gmail [dot] com
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Over the River
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER