Never Dainty

Good Finds for Awesome People and More

If you like what you read, please..

Bookmark site: Bookmark and Share

Add to Favorites: Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe Feed: Subscribe in a reader

I heart FeedBurner


Drop Zone
What's on my mind..
Let's talk..

Other things

Deranged Insanity by betterthanezrah

We Appreciate Your Donation

Amount

Currency

Powered by The-Online-Quest




Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Get a Free Online Diet


I'm # 838 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com
Get listed at www.wikiblogdirectory.com
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
An attempt at Anger Management: My techniques
When angry, count four; when very angry, swear. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894
Every one has bad days, and unfortunately, I've had a couple of them over the past few ones that passed. If you have watched Adam Sandler's Anger Management movie, I think you would understand quite completely that I have the same mode of coping with anger as he does at the start of the movie. And yes, perhaps I have go to anger management classes. But those are quite costly, and so, after watching the said movie for over 10 times now, I have developed some anger management techniques that have helped so far. I haven't pulled out my gun and shot everybody I see - YET.

So these are the things I do in order for me to calm down or to at least relieve me of my anger.

  1. Listen to Rock 'n Roll. My particular favorite is the Guns n Roses' Sweet Child o' Mine. Whenever I need to clear my head, I just play this and somehow I feel better. Weird, I know, considering that some people choose to listen to Classical musing or some ballad in order to calm down. Nothing works for me better than listening to GnR, Twisted Sister, Metallica, Queen, etc.
  2. Cleaning. Somehow diverting my pent up frustration and anger into cleaning makes me more productive and somehow it does help calm me down. At least some of the chores get done.
  3. Walking/running. A diversion from the anger. But at least I am not harming anybody else. Give me my running shoes, an mp3 player or one of those cheap Php. 50.00 radios and I am good.
  4. Eating chocolate. I have just recently discovered what people find in chocolate when feeling depressed or upset. Indeed, it does make you feel better. However, it is not as effective for me as listening to rock or running.
  5. Writing. This is one of my common outlets for ANY emotion I have. Although lately, I have not had the opportunity to vent out much online, but I still have my handy dandy Notebook! Anybody reading it would know how I am feeling especially if they feel the pages. Because the angrier I am, the harder I write. Hahaha!
  6. Dancing. Don't get me wrong, I am not the regular Janet Jackson when it comes to dancing. But I love to dance my life away. It comes most naturally when I want to lose myself I guess. Although it has been some time since I have done this (my husband laughs at my dancing).
  7. Counting to 10. I don't know where I found this trick. But I think this has been widely given. Of course, the quote above also helps in this case. ;)
  8. Singing. I do not do this as much because in as much as I love, love, LOVE music, it simply does not love me back. Translation: I cannot sing. I do hum though... and I whistle!
  9. The "I feel pretty song". I love this song, too. And though this does not help much with my anger, it makes me laugh, and I still love to sort-of sing this. Nyahahahaha..

I wish I could make it to 10. But I cannot think of any more techniques that I normally do when I'm angry. I need to control my temper and anger especially since I have babies. But you know what I really want to do? I want to try punching somebody real hard. OR simply tell somebody exactly how I feel. Like, "I HATE YOU." But then again, maybe not.

Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it. ~ Dr. Buddy Rydell, Anger Management
What do you do when you're angry?

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Ann @ 8:01 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Ann
Home: Philippines
About Me: even when she has fairy wings on, this girl is anything BUT dainty. perhaps the size, the weight, and the personality alone are just too much for her to be considered delicate, prim, proper, and refined. this girl with the mud smudged cheeks has been down on the ground one to many times. these times forced her to be tougher, smarter, and more savvy than she has ever been. perhaps she will always be, never dainty. email me: neverdainty [at] gmail [dot] com
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Over the River
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER